Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blogging can be hard to do.....



Whew!  We made it through the first school/teaching stretch of 2012.  I didn't take many photos but did take a few of things I'm working on in my classroom.  So, to have something to post, here's what you get! 





Kindergarten and 1st grade are going through the Freddie the Frog books,
learning the lines and spaces of the treble clef.
I also rewrote verse to Froggie went a'courtin'
to help them remember details about the story.
2nd grade is working on music for their Spring musical.

3rd grade is learning rhythms and creating them with popsicle sticks.



4th-6th grade is traveling to Jazz music by understanding the styles
that came before it.  We studied Ragtime and learning about Scott Joplin.
Here we were looking at the Maple Leaf Rag and understanding
it's form.



 Not very exciting but it's taken a lot of my free time to create lessons and a curriculum that I can work with.  Here's what I've been up to!

No comments: